Amazon Prime Day is a highly anticipated shopping event offering millions of customers great deals and discounts. As a seller, preparing in advance to maximise your sales and make the most of this opportunity is crucial. In this checklist, we’ll cover the essential steps to prepare for Prime Day 2023.
Mark the Dates:
- Prime Day 2023 is scheduled for July 11th and July 12th.
- Be aware of the additional Fall Prime Day event in Q4, the specific date of which is yet to be announced.
Offer Multiple Ways to Save:
- Provide various deals and discounts to cater to customer preferences, such as coupons, lightning deals, and BOGO deals.
- Check Seller Central for options and ensure you submit your deals by Amazon’s deadline.
OptimiseOptimise Your Listings:
- PrioritisePrioritise optimising your product listings to improve visibility and reach on Prime Day.
- Set budgets for must-win keyword campaigns and increase bids on high-impression, short-tail keywords.
- Audit your listings for accuracy, update them if necessary, and fix any inactive or suppressed listings.
- UtiliseUtilise all available text and image space, including adding featured videos on product detail pages.
Choose the Right Products:
- Select your products strategically to highlight best-selling or most successful items with optimal ROI.
- Consider trending items for the year to align with customer demand and capitalise on increased momentum.
- Ensure selected products have sufficient stock, good reviews, high ratings, and optimised content.
Create a Prime Day Subcategory:
- Create a dedicated Prime Day subcategory to showcase your deals and discounts if you have an Amazon Store.
- Use this subcategory as a landing page for all Prime Day-related content, making it easier for customers to find and convert.
Boost Awareness on Social Media:
- Leverage your social media channels to promote Prime Day deals and discounts.
- Highlight the benefits of your offerings and use paid advertising to reach a wider audience.
- Avoid stockouts by ensuring you have enough inventory for promoted products and best sellers.
- Analyse historical performance data from previous Prime Days to identify areas for improvement and adjust strategies accordingly.
Monitor Advertising bids and budget:
- Develop a comprehensive advertising strategy for Prime Day, covering the lead-up, promotional, and lead-out periods.
- Utilise different campaign types, and betas are available to advertisers, such as Sponsored Brands videos and Amazon DSP.
- Monitor and adjust your PPC bids and budget throughout Prime Day to maximise visibility and reach.
Collaborate with Influencers:
- Leverage the power of influencers by building relationships with those who align with your brand.
- Collaborate with influencers to promote your products leading up to Prime Day and during the event.
- To extend your reach, consider using other advertising platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Google Ads.
Activate Amazon Posts:
- Utilise Amazon Posts to create a social media-like feed within the Amazon Marketplace.
- Showcase your products and highlight priority ASINs to keep your offerings top-of-mind for shoppers.
Consider Amazon Direct Fulfillment:
- Set up Amazon Direct Fulfillment as a backup to FBA to avoid missing out on sales due to stockouts.
- Ensure your Direct Fulfillment connection is correctly set up and ready to be utilised for Prime Day.
- Keep a close eye on your competitors’ activities and promotions leading up to Prime Day.
- Adjust your pricing and promotions accordingly to stay competitive and attract customers.
Optimise Product Images:
- Ensure your product images are high-quality, visually appealing, and accurately represent your products.
- Consider using lifestyle images or infographics to showcase the benefits and features of your products.
Leverage A+ Content:
- If you are a brand registered seller, use Enhanced Brand Content or A+ Content to create visually enhanced product descriptions.
- Utilise this opportunity to highlight unique selling points, tell your brand story, and provide additional information to customers.
Optimise Pricing and Discounts:
- Determine your pricing strategy and the level of discounts you’re willing to offer.
- Remember the increased competition during Prime Day and ensure your deals are attractive enough to entice customers.
Enhance Customer Support:
- Anticipate increased customer inquiries and be prepared to provide prompt and helpful support.
- Monitor your seller messages and respond quickly to ensure a positive customer experience.
Prepare for Increased Order Volumes:
- Prime Day often results in a surge in sales, so ensure your operations are ready to handle the increased order volumes.
- Plan your fulfilment processes, packaging materials, and shipping carriers accordingly to avoid delays.
Remember, the key to a successful Prime Day is careful planning, effective promotion, and seamless customer experience. By following this checklist, you’ll be well-prepared to maximise the Prime Day 2023 opportunity. Good luck!