New to Brand metrics are available for both Seller Central and Vendor Central users. New to Brand data tells us information about the amount of new customers advertising is converting.
It is an interesting metric for all brands and we will talk in detail about these metrics below.
What is it?
NTB metrics tell us if Amazon is an acquisition channel. These metrics show us how many customers are new to our brands on Amazon.
Below are NTB metrics:
- Percentage of orders NTB—The percentage of total orders that are new-to-brand orders.
- Percentage of sales NTB—The percentage of total sales (in local currency) that are new-to-brand sales.
- NTB orders—The number of first-time orders for products within the brand over a one-year lookback window.
- NTB sales—the total sales (in local currency) of new-to-brand orders.
NTB is calculated based on the last 12 months of a shopper’s purchase history. The orders are NTB if they have not bought within 12 months from their first purchase.
Where are they?
1. Once you are in campaign manager, go to customise columns as shown below:
2. Just type in NTB to see all metrics and select them to display:
3. You will see NTB metrics now
Strategy A – increase your NTB
- To get more sales, consider targeting high volume search terms for your ads.
- Bid high enough to get placement
When implementing the above, your cost of conversion is likely to be higher but, as we are expecting these customers to come back and make additional purchases, it is worth the investment.
As seen in the example below, your NTB typically ranges from 80% or more, which just goes to show how most of your sales are coming from new customers.
Strategy B – leverage your brand awareness
With this strategy, we would target branded keywords.
It is also a defensive campaign, to ensure your competitors do not appear at the top of search results for your brand name.
Below is a typical example where a competing product is bidding for our brand “symprove” via Sponsored Brand Campaigns. Of course, we want to avoid this the best we can to avoid losing sales to competitors.
Additionally, Sponsored Brand Campaigns are known to appear in google text ads too, so it is in our best interest to bid for our own brand terms.
Branded campaigns also have a lower ACoS and higher conversion rate, and you will find your NTB ranges between 30 – 80%.
So, both of these strategies can help boost your sales
- Acquisition of new customers
- Acquisition brand loyal customers
You can also take a third strategy by targeting competing product brand names where ACoS may be higher but you are getting additional new customers.
Most of the latest developments with Amazon is new and exciting compared to Google. As a brand, it is important to know which products are regularly bought by repeat buyers and by new buyers. You can then focus more on getting new customers on a regular basis with a set budget.
Questions? Please book a call and we can discuss more.
Please follow and like us: