The New Amazon Sponsored Brands Video Engagement Metrics
Amazon Sponsored Brands’ video ads have proven to be highly effective in engaging customers throughout the buyer journey, capturing attention, and driving conversions. Amazon has recently introduced new Sponsored Brands Video engagement metrics to enhance the effectiveness of video ad campaigns further. These metrics provide valuable insights for merchants and marketers to make data-driven decisions and optimise their video content. Let’s explore these new metrics and how they can help you create powerful Amazon video ads that convert.
- Viewable Impressions: Viewable Impressions measure the number of times your video ad is visible and viewable. It counts when 50% of the ad’s screen size is visible for 2 seconds while playing. This metric helps you understand the engagement level of your ad beyond mere views, ensuring that your content is capturing attention.
- View-Through Rate (VTR): VTR calculates the percentage of viewers who watched your video ad from start to finish. It helps determine the effectiveness of your ad in keeping viewers engaged throughout the entire duration. The formula for calculating VTR is Total Completed Views divided by Total Measured Impressions.
- Viewable Click-Through Rate (vCTR): Viewable Click-Through Rate measures the number of clicks your ad receives once it becomes viewable. Since Amazon counts an impression when the ad is viewable, vCTR provides a clearer picture of your video ad’s performance on Amazon.
- 5-Second Views: This metric tracks the number of impressions where a shopper views your Sponsored Brands Video ad for at least 5 seconds or more. It indicates initial engagement with your content and helps gauge the effectiveness of your ad in capturing attention.
- 5-Second View Rate: The 5-Second View Rate represents the percentage of impressions where a shopper views your Sponsored Brands Video ad for at least 5 seconds or more. It gives you insights into the percentage of viewers who engage with your ad beyond the initial seconds.
- Video First Quartile: Video First Quartile measures the number of impressions where your video ad played up until the end of the first quarter of its total length. It provides data on the initial portion of your ad and helps assess viewer engagement during the early stages.
- Video Midpoint: Video Midpoint tracks the number of impressions where a shopper views 50% of your video ad’s total length. It indicates viewer engagement at the halfway point and helps evaluate the effectiveness of your ad in holding attention.
- Video Third Quartile: This metric represents the number of impressions where a shopper views 75% of your video ad’s total length. It provides insights into viewer engagement towards the later stages of your ad and helps assess overall engagement.
- Video Completes: Video Completes counts impressions where a shopper views your video ad until the end. It measures the number of viewers who watch your entire ad, indicating a high level of engagement.
- Unmutes: Unmutes track the impressions where a shopper unmutes your video ad to play the sound. It counts once per impression, regardless of the number of times the shopper mutes and unmutes the ad. This metric helps assess the level of audio engagement with your ad content.
These new metrics empower merchants and marketers to make data-driven decisions and optimise Amazon Sponsored Brands’ video ad campaigns. Tracking these engagement metrics allows you to gain valuable insights into viewer behaviour, optimise your video content, and drive better results.
Leverage the power of video advertising on Amazon to stand out in the competitive marketplace and achieve higher profitability through informed decision-making. Start tracking these metrics to gain a competitive edge and ensure your brand’s success on Amazon’s platform.
Book a call with Amazon advertising experts to discuss your brand’s video advertising.