eBay Pulse is very useful tool to find out popular results based on certain category.
– popular searches performed by users. This is easy way to see what people are looking for on eBay or within a category. You can modify your listing title based on this popular words which will give better visibility.
– popular shops based on number of active listings. This is a good way to look which business is doing well. It is easier to look at what your competitor is doing and how you can differentiate yourselves. You can dig detail by going through their prices which will help you to revise your prices, feedback to check what are they selling the most and individual items sold number to see if they are selling what you want to sell.
– most watched items helps you find out what sort of goods are most in demand
These are all very good intelligence for steady growth of your business and you are relying on correct data which will give you strategic direction.
Another useful tool is Bay Estimator. The Popularity column can be use to determine relative popularity of search queries. The result is base on the time frame search is carried out. This is cool tool for seller what wants to find out what buyers are looking for. The Availability column is the average item count that may be returned when search is carried out. When select to look into the most popular search query you will get following results:
– The BayEstimate for each search below estimates how well your title will perform when a buyer performs that search
– Keywords buyers like/dislike when searching for the title entered
– Suggested category for listings
” I love this tool! I had no idea it even existed or that ebay labs was out there. I went through each of my listings and used the suggested key words. Wow! My sales have went through the roof this week! I agree the dots are weird, but I have gotten use to it, I like it better than the percentages, I would like to see that come back in the catagory selection search area. It helped there alot. I hope it stays free as well. Sellers deserve whatever it takes to up their sales and keep ebay alive and well! Thank you! “
There is easy to understand instructions on how to use this tool.