Online sellers are constantly looking for new channels to sell. Many of clients I work with sell on deal sites like Wowcher apart from eBay and Amazon. And Mail Shop is additional channel that retailers can consider. I was talking with Richard, account manager, at Mail Shop few weeks ago and it looks like promising platform. Find more information below and get in touch to setup your account.
Introduction to Mailshop
On Tuesday 4th October 2016 Mail Shop was relaunched as an online marketplace with selection from 26 merchants covering Home and Garden categories. To date our focus has been to build credible selection securing brands such as Le Creuset, LSA International and Sophie Conran for Portmeirion. Mail Shop was born from a constant drive to innovate and improve the customer experience when readers shop with us. The result is a beautifully simple, inspirational and easy to use shopping destination which reassures users. We expanded into Health and Fitness in February with strong sales since launch.
Who’s our customer?
As a leading news brand we reach more than 25 million readers across print and digital each month.
- 49% of UK Adult population with 76% like to shop online. We have over 1 million MyMail loyalty programme members with 96% saying they would purchase goods with us.
- In addition we also have the most engaged consumers of any British newspaper with 65% engagement five days a week and 40% engagement seven days a week.
- With this in mind we are well placed to offer the customer a best in class shopping experience. A 3rd of our readers are under 55 years old with 49% still working. In addition 15% have children living with them.
- Overall our audience is broad which provides opportunities for different types of Sellers on the platform.
Our current proposition
Our site is powered by Demandware with Merchantry used as our Seller platform. It allows Sellers to build and sell a catalogue of products. Merchantry access is granted to all new Sellers and is used to set up products, manage and maintain catalogues and to process orders, returns and refunds. Sellers are responsible for drop shipping products directly to customers. We will continue to focus on growing our selection within Home and Garden throughout 2017 with a number of opportunities in areas where we’re currently under-represented.
What are the benefits of selling on Mail Shop?
Selling with Mail Shop provides a number of benefits to new Sellers.
- An incremental sales channel allows sellers to tap into the Daily Mail’s huge customer base which generates tens of millions of unique customer per month.
- Low risk with no setup fees and no lock in.
- Unlimited SKU count allows Sellers to list as many products as they wish for a fixed commission rate.
- Technical Integration support given to all new Sellers both pre and post go live. Account management resource allocated in order to focus on strategic growth of Seller on Mail Shop.
- Ad space and Supplements gives Sellers regular offline print triggering opportunities via Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.
- Greater opportunity for more differentiated/exclusive merchants (merchants specifically targeting the over 50’s) which is limited with all other UK marketplaces.
- A controlled seller recruitment process means Mail Shop is selective with the Sellers that are recruited to the platform. This results in higher quality listings, the right products that the Mail customer is searching for and greater revenue opportunities for those listed on site.
All sellers are charged commission on each sale which varies by category. Payment for the previous week’s sales is transferred each Monday.
Once commercials are agreed Sellers need to complete the following steps in order to list products on Mail Shop. The onboarding process should take 2-4 weeks. All product uploads are reviewed by the Seller Recruitment team before being pushed to the Mail Shop storefront.
You can get in touch here Telephone: 0203 615 2145 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org