Understanding how customers find your products on Amazon can significantly impact your sales strategy. Luckily, Amazon provides a valuable tool – the Search Query Performance report with ASIN view – which unveils the hidden secrets behind customer searches.
What is the AISN view Search Query Performance Report?
This report lets you see which search terms led customers to your products. It’s like a backstage pass to understanding what people type in when looking for items similar to yours. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Access the Hidden Feature: Navigate to Brand Analytics -> Search Query Performance Report -> ASIN view. Pick an ASIN you want to check data for and the time. You’ll find a treasure trove of data.
- What You’ll Find: The dashboard lists the top queries that direct customers to your products. This includes data on
- Impressions (how many times your product appeared in search results), clicks (how often people clicked on it),
- basket adds (how many times it was added to a shopping cart),
- And purchases (how many times it was bought).
Below are specific data points you will receive per ASIN:
Search Funnel Impressions:
- Total Count: The overall number of impressions for all ASINs from the search result.
- ASIN Count: The total impressions for the selected ASIN for this query.
- ASIN Share: The percentage of impressions attributed to the ASIN compared to the total count for the query.
Search Funnel – Basket Adds:
- Total Count: The number of baskets Adds for the query originating from the search result.
- Basket Add Rate: The total number of basket Adds divided by Search Query Volume.
- ASIN Count: The total number of basket Adds for the selected ASIN for this query.
- ASIN Share: The percentage share of basket adds attributed to the ASIN compared to the total count for the query.
Search Funnel – Purchases:
- Total Count: The number of purchase actions for the query originating from the search result.
- Purchase Rate: The total number of Purchases divided by the Search Query Volume count.
- ASIN Count: The total number of Purchases for the selected ASIN for this query.
- ASIN Share: The percentage share of purchase actions attributed to the ASIN compared to the total count for the query.
Why Does This Matter?
Understanding these numbers helps you comprehend the effective keywords. It answers, “What queries led customers to my product? And What queries help convert. It provides insights into which keywords are crucial and reveals how much market share your product captures for specific search terms.
How to Use the Search Query Performance Report:
- Analysis: Use the ASIN view to understand how your products perform in search queries. This knowledge is vital for recognizing keyword significance and gauging your competitors’ market share.
- Listing Optimisation: Optimise your product listings based on converting keywords. Tailor your content to match what customers are searching for.
- Advertising Strategies: Identify search terms that generate basket adds or purchases. You can then adjust your advertising bids or focus more on these high-performing keywords.
“This report provides sellers with invaluable first-party data from Amazon. Previously, obtaining such detailed data was challenging. Now, you can access essential metrics for your advertising campaigns and organic search data within the Advertising Console.”
In conclusion, understanding how customers discover your products is the key to optimising your Amazon presence. The ASIN view Search Query Performance report empowers you with data-driven insights, enabling more intelligent decisions that can significantly impact your sales and overall business success.
Schedule a call to discuss how we can assist your Amazon business growth with data-driven analytics.