It was another fantastic opportunity to speak at the biggest search marketing conference in the world, #BrightonSEO. I spoke about ‘Amazon Sponsored Ads: Beyond basics’, and my talk revolved around how to get best out of ads spend on the Amazon platform, and whether it really does work.
My talk was followed by my good friend Darren at digitl, who spoke about getting a competitive advantage on eBay. The key points to take away from my talk were:
1. Use Automated Ads for keyword harvesting
2. Keep Automated Ads on all the time, so that your product appears on product details pages
3. Allow enough bid so that you get enough data. They may waste your budget for some time
4. Find ACoS “sweet spot” so that you know you are making profitable sales from sponsored campaigns
5. Invest more on keywords that are converting in your automatic ads
6. Consider brand awareness ( clicks/impressions) as your performance indicators
I have been working with Amazon sellers for the last 10 years and I have seen competition getting tougher and tougher every year. Amazon sponsored ads are not just an option anymore: use it wisely to get a longer-term return, rather than short-term ROI (Return on Investment). Check out more on my slide-deck, and if you have any questions or need help please get in touch.