There is a lot of noise about Amazon reviews policy changes and here are few to the point notes based on their latest
reviews policy. I can see why this is happening from example like this where 98% of its 94 reviews are from unverified sources. This may be the extreme case and shows the extent of abuse of the system. You can find more about this product reviews here >
Please find below some points to note with new reviews policy:
– Amazon reviews system gives weight to newer, more helpful reviews
– Stricter criteria applies to get Amazon verified purchase badge (discounted and free products don’t get this badge)
– New system as of 03/10/2016 Amazon prohibits incentivized reviews unless they are facilitated through the Amazon Vine program
– The changes will apply to product categories other than books.
– Vine program has been in practice for few years and is open for vendors only by invitation only. Reviewers on vine program invites trusted and helpful reviewers on Amazon to post opinions about new and pre-release products. Let’s hope vine program would be accessible for all.
So, it is going to be tough for those sellers following US Amazon private label gurus. Similarly we don’t know how important Jungle Scout Niche Hunter is going to be which aims to give you product ideas encouraging you to copy popular products, import, accelerate reviews and improve organic ranking. There is always an alternative way. We have recently trailed price reduction across the board and accelerated sales. Then we followed up customers for reviews. This was successful! So, you can give it a go.