What are active bids – up and down?
Dynamic bids – up and down is a bidding strategy for Sponsored Products campaigns on Amazon.
This strategy adjusts bids in real-time based on the high chance of a click converting to a sale.
If we bid $1.00, how much could I spend?
To secure prime placements at the top of the first page of shopping results, bids are increased up to 100%. This allows your bid to potentially reach a maximum of $2.00, maximising your visibility and chances of capturing customer attention.
What are the main benefits of using dynamic bids – up and down?
Using dynamic bids – up and down offers several benefits, including:
- More control over ad placement customisation
- Increased impressions, clicks, and sales opportunities by focusing bids on conversions
- Flexibility to determine effective bids for your brand and inform optimisation of other campaigns
When should we use dynamic bids – up and down?
Dynamic bids – up and down are best suited for:
- Campaigns focused on driving sales
- Winning ad placements at the top of the page for relevant keywords
- Maximising results in high-performing campaigns
- Campaigns with excess inventory or featuring deal ASINs
How can we use dynamic bids – up and down in my automatic and manual campaigns?
You can use dynamic bids – up and down by following these steps:
- When creating a new campaign, select dynamic bids – up and down under the Campaign Bidding Strategy section for automatic or manual targeting.
- To update the bidding strategy for existing campaigns, go to the Campaign Settings page, select dynamic bids – up and down, and save the update.
How should we monitor/optimise campaigns after launching a dynamic bid–up and down strategy?
To monitor and optimise campaigns using dynamic bids – up and down, consider the following:
- Review bids regularly, approximately once every week.
- For automatic targeting campaigns, analyse the performance of default targeting options and adjust bids accordingly.
- Monitor high-performing keywords, categories, or products for manual targeting campaigns and raise bids for increased impressions.
- Use the search term report to identify user keywords that are not working and add them as negatives.
What sort of result can you get with an up/down bidding strategy?
By effectively managing this strategy, we can achieve sales with a lower ACoS (Advertising Cost of Sale), as seen in this example.